Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bad Habits

Kind of going off my last post, there are definitely some bad habits I've carried over from undergrad. They'll probably lead to my ultimate demise in law school, unless I can get a handle on them. SO, here I am, throwing them into the wild, in the hopes that you guys can keep me honest if I start to exhibit any of them again. Without further ado, my bad habits:

1. Procrastinating. Seriously. Most of my thesis was written between 2 and 6 in the morning, because I didn't do it any earlier. Some of my best work is done under pressure, but law school isn't really that kind of world. Papers? Maybe, but not studying. Studying is a semester-long project. And I cannot believe I seriously just said that.

2. Saying 'yes'. A trait of mine since middle school has been that I'm hyper-involved. I love to be part of organizations, I love to be in charge of things, and I kind of like having a full planner. BUT, right now, classes are top priority. So why did I join about 4 clubs and 2 journals? And take on a 30 hour volunteer project? Because I can't say no. I'm very much a 'yes' person when it comes to people asking me to join extra-curricular things. And maybe it'll look good on my resume... but it can't make an ugly GPA pretty (if it were to get out of hand).

3. Chewing gum. I had a dentist tell me it's probably not a really good habit because it wears on teeth, but in times of great distress, I HAVE to chew it! If not, pens, my nails, gummi bears, food- it's all fair game.

4. Running late. I think this is more of a 'world' thing than a 'me' thing, though. I mean, how can a person wake up 3 hours early and still run late? There's a wormhole out there that's got it in for me.

Anyone have any advice on how to fight these things? Any is appreciated! Oh, and happy Wednesday!

No comments: