Monday, August 27, 2012

First Days

Today was orientation, which traditionally means 'becoming oriented' or something like that. I think that might be what they tried to do today, but in actuality, it came out more as a barrage of speakers who I couldn't differentiate between by the end. I heard so many speeches, toured so many buildings, and now I can't shake the sinking feeling that none of I retained none of it. Regardless, this thing was exhausting. Nine hours long + 1 hour commute each day resulted in 12 hours of just pure running around. Paired with the fact that I didn't sleep well last night left me nodding off towards the last few speakers :| And I get to do it all again tomorrow!

Still, in a strange way, orientation was fun. It let us poke around without the added stress of having to find classes or do homework. We had extra socialization time and there were margaritas at the end. Still, I'm scared of how tired I am. With a pile of homework for Wednesday still hanging out by my bed, I know that I have to be rested tomorrow so I can tackle it. First law school homework. Eek! Hopefully, becoming oriented tomorrow doesn't leave me as worn down as it did today. If it does, Wednesday's going to be a monster. Like, the bad kind.

No comments: